Clean energy education is delivered via the Clean Energy Institute (CEI), the education division of GPEKS (acronym which stands for Green Power Environment Knowledge Systems.)
CEI assists Colleges, Universities and private sector training organisations in the development and adaptation of curriculum and material for:
- solar photovoltaic installer training (installation and maintenance)
- solar water heating installer training (installation and maintenance)
- wind turbine technician training (installation and maintenance)
- solar photovoltaic project development and management
- wind energy project development and management
- clean energy project financing
CEI provides a full range of related services, including:
- Local needs identification for clean energy courses and market study of the potential for the considered courses;
- Assessment of the training needs of the target audience;
- Creation of training program with breakdown of courses, identification of potential textbooks and creation and adaptation of new content (text, slides, exams, multi-media);
- Strategies for course delivery, including locating & hiring teachers, hosting web-based courses;
- Marketing of and logistical support services for workshops and events on behalf of education clients.
Certificate Courses and Programs
We offer various clean energy courses in either classroom or distance learning format. Our classroom courses are designed for technicians who want to acquire skills and credentials to install solar, wind and other renewable energy systems.
Building and expanding upon the curriculum initially developed by Natural Resources Canada's RETScreen® division*, CEI delivers clean energy project feasibility analysis certificate courses via an e-learning format. Participants acquire the essential skills and knowledge to conduct feasibility studies that will enable real-world clients to decide whether or not to proceed with potential clean energy projects...more >>
*RETSCREEN is a registered trademark of the Minister of Natural Resources Canada.